Saturday, April 2, 2011

Phuket Marketing & Kuta Beach, a Fond Farewell to Thailand

My last days in Thailand were spent in Phuket Province, Phuket Island, near the town of Phuket, on a backroad off of Kuta Beach. And yes, the addresses here are just as confusing. I spent my time pursuing the markets in town as well as the resort studded beachfront. It was difficult to find an empty sand patch to place my towel amidst the plethora of resort umbrellas and Swedish families. Tho, funny faces smiled back at me in the Thai market.

Our hotel owner's son played music late into the evenings, in a live music venue just in front of our hotel, by the same name “Robert's Place”. Smiling musicians sang their hearts out--a glaring difference from the prostitutes standing on the opposite side of the street, awaiting their opportunity with my Swedish friend. I found it interesting, that he felt just as threatened as many solo women do when walking alone at night (something I refused to do). Their hoops and hollars sent him quivering with fright! HAHAHAHAHA!!!At last, the male gets the attention :) He is a good man. He accompanied me in the taxi to the airport (I had to arrive at 0400), sending me with a fond, safe farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment