Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spirit Festival



Originally, I had my mind set on doing everything possible to avoid this Festival. Not because it had everything that I actually love doing. Not because I wouldn't normally want to participate in some way. Not because dance, yoga, and music in nature were on site at a Balinese museum with ancient temples for stages are irresistible. Merely, because I came to Bali for Bali.

That said, I was coherced by a good friend into splitting a ticket for only the music parts of the festival for the bargain price of $35. Four nights of world-class music, including traditional Balinese Kechek workshop and multiple performances, Australian Reggae, Hawaiian Marimba, Argentinian guitar, Canadian Indian-mixed-Irish rock, Arabian violin...the list goes on and on. I wasn't disappointed. All in all, I figured the cost was approximately a dollar and a half an hour, as I spent at least 25 in the music.

Great things come with ease, as their welcoming doors open themselves to those on their paths of truth. As Satirah, a new found favorite songbird sang, “I've come to the right place, from such a long way”. Why did I come here? Its simple. It was too easy. I wonder the long term effects of this threshold I traversed. Perhaps a future venture on the other side of the stage is in order...?

No comments:

Post a Comment