Tuesday, March 8, 2011

“Energia Buena” March 4th

Two hours of great conversation and good vibes left me feeling I would instead travel with them to the neighboring and more populated island of Koh Payam instead of the jungled and sparce Koh Chang. Having spent three hours of practicing my Spanish and them practicing their English, I found myself greeting our restaurant chef in Spanish rather than Thai or English (which left us all laughing). We boarded the bus/taxi to the pier and I met a sweet Austrian woman (Etta) traveling like me. After two hours on a ferry and a little scooter ride to the Western side of the island, Etta and I plopped our bags down in beach-front bungalows for $7 bucks a night, called “Smile Hut” :) I am proud to say that following la energia beuna del mis amigos Espanoles y Etta was one of the best experiences so far. Travelers always say to “follow your gut” when moving. And here, it has proven most successful.



No comments:

Post a Comment