Tuesday, March 8, 2011

“Rain” March 3rd, 2011

The rain broke the swelter of my five days in Bangkok precisely when I had to journey to the train station—of course. Complete downpours would have left me soggy and drenched had I not have had the blessing of my Mom and Dad's red gortex-like rain parka (**thanks Mom, Dad and Vito for insisting I pack this**). Having found little food except the dried up, pre-packaged pasties in the train station, I ventured outside after the rain to kill some time and find my last meal in Bangkok. Just across the road was some of the best Thai food and sweetest Thai vendors I had met so far. I had a fantastic view from the steps above my table. I looked upon Thai travelers grabbing a quick bite to eat, checking out the food the vendors were preparing on their metal carts. Most of which were lit with only one small, jimmied light bulb hanging above the wok, wired to some sort of battery out of view. I traced the light's rays down the back of the head of a female vendor, down her rather drab shirt and criss-crossed, blue and white checkered apron straps to the ground where I found her “normal” street vendor uniform was completed with a pair of sparkling silver high heels :) And just beyond this view, the train station's clock stood tall, proclaiming the hour I had to enjoy my meal. Once again, I had “found” real Thailand.

1 comment: