Monday, March 28, 2011

Farewell Lil Island




All good things must come to an end. I took nature's vengeance upon me as a sign it was my time to travel onward. As Spirit was convinced that even a snake wouldn't push me out, She challenged me with her final effort in the form of something much, much smaller, and much, much more menacing. Sea lice had been consuming every inch of my flesh each time I dipped into the ocean. Her victory left me defeated with an incredibly itchy rash, only quelled with “Prickly Heat” powder and the knowledge that I needed to stay out of the ocean. Defeated, I had a final, celebratory swaray with my Big Tree crew coupled with one of the best sunsets I have ever seen. In this picture, you'll see three sea gypsy ships—Burmese people that live on the sea and its islands surrounding Burma and this part of the Thai coastline.


The next morning, I was off into the sunrise with a fellow traveling Swedish friend. We shared the desire to check out the infamous, picture perfect, and unfortunately THE most touristed islands of all of Thailand, Koh Pi Pi.



No comments:

Post a Comment